Thursday, August 23, 2012

Warhammer 40k Escalation League

Hello again!

Our local Games-Workshop has started an escalation league and I signed up my Orks.  I have had most of the models for years just never got around to painting and finishing the project.  This is a great way for me to have serious deadlines for me and to see if I can realistically meet project deadlines.  Our first month is 500 points.  I have built the following list:

HQ
Ork Warboss- Boss Pole, Eavy Armor, Attack Squig, Twin Linked Big Shoota, Power Klaw, Cybork Body

TROOPS
20 Ork Boyz- Stikk Bombs, Nob (Eavy Armor, bosspole, power klaw)
20 Ork Boyz- Stikk Bombs, Nob (Eavy Armor, bosspole, power klaw)

It's a small force but I think a lot of the marine players that signed up will be quickly overwhelmed by the green tide.  I further plan on adding even more boyz and possibly a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field.  Following are early photos of the army in mid progress.  Later I will add more photos of progress today.  The deadline to have it painted is 1 September 2012.  Enjoy the photos.


500 Point Ork Army.  Two squads of 20 boyz and one Warboss.


Squad of 20 Boyz with Nob armed with Power Klaw and Boss Pole

Squad of 20 Ork Slugga Boyz with Nobz


Over half the army is extensively kit bashed and converted from  Assault on Black Reach Ork Boyz and Nobz.  This is just an example of some of the conversions.




This Ork started as Assault on Black Reach.  With a little bit of green stuff and bitz from both the Ork Boyz and Storm Boyz kits, he has become something totally unique and breaks the boring poses that 20 boyz can have from the starter set!  The Games Workshop plastic kits are very versatile. 



Just a shot of my work station and the boyz getting yellow done to them.


Thank you for looking!

Michael

3 comments:

  1. You have any paint on that warboss yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of orcs. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brad- saving the best for last

    @Adam- you can never have too many Boyz

    ReplyDelete